Rand Water further encourages and instills competition to prevent a monopolistic and cartel situation from developing. As a result Tenderers are offered an opportunity to tender as specified below.
Awarding of Tenders
Please note: Only the Tender Committee is Authorised to award Contracts to Suppliers for Goods and Services. No Rand Water official is capable or Authorised to award Contracts for the Supply of Goods and Services
Notes to Tenderers
· Tenders are sold for a non-refundable fee of R100.00 per tender.
· The closing time for all tenders, shall be 12:00 NOON at the specified date.
· Tenders delivered after the closing time will be rejected.
· Rand Water accepts no responsibility for late or wrong delivery.
· Rand Water shall not be liable for any expense incurred in submitting tenders.
· Tenders shall be sealed and endorsed (with Tender number) and must be deposited in Rand Water’s tender box at the main reception in “Rietvlei”, 522 Impala Road, Glenvista, 2058.
· A site visit or inspection if mentioned in the documents shall be compulsory.
· All tenders will be adjudicated under the Rand Water commercial equity initiative which gives preference to offers that promote black economic empowerment.
· Tender results shall be listed below; successful tender will also be indicated under Tender Results below.
· Rand Water is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender.
Rand Water is slowly phasing out the calling of suppliers; therefore, tenders are advertised in the following newspapers: The Star, The Citizen and The Sowetan.