We care about your information.
The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) is committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected.
We are compliant with the implementation of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act 4 of 2013) which has come into effect from today. In terms of the POPI Act, we are:
• Making sure that your personal information is not stored in an unsafe environment
• There are no copies of your information in an unsecure location
• No unauthorised CMS staff or any other persons have access to your information
• Your information will never be shared with third parties without your consent
Our POPIA Manual will outline what measures are in place to secure personal information and will soon be available on our website.
Dear Valued Members (RWMS)
COVID-19 Process –Testing , Medication &Virtual Consultation Declaration OF 2ND Wave by Minister of Health
1. Kindly encourage members to utilise any nearest Laboratory within SA , Not to use Drive Through run by Pharmacies as they do not insert all required information as per Legislated requirements to process the claim e.g. the correct tariff code/s for COVID-19 and Dr’ s PR No required .
2. Some Laboratories will request an Auth No prior testing , others they will not request an Auth No – the claim will be processed by the scheme ( irrespective )
3. The SCRIPT received from the Dr will be processed subject to available benefits with an ICD10 Code in the script
4. No Pre-Auth No required for the script in order to dispense the medication , the Pharmacist will process the medication respectively
5. Script for COVID-19 medication is valid for 21 days ( i.e claim within 21 days of receipt from the DR)
6. If medication is completed with no improvement ,kindly visit the DR or consult Virtually , the RWMS pay for Virtual Consultation for GP5’S Specialist s and Psychologists .
More information will be made available as we receive an update.